Thursday, December 29, 2011

Boulevard Sixth Glass Quadruple isn't as sweet as Kangaroos

I'm at my brother's house the night before the other half of the family takes off for Utah. I'm able to check out my Christmas gift to Warren, a Kangaroo skin for his new house, which I'm sure his fiance will be thrilled about. Several years ago my brother gave me a prized gift after spending a semester abroad, a Kangaroo testicle beer opener. It's a gift I treasure greatly for it's uniqueness, ball puns, awkward situations and general hilariousness. It was featured in several posts last year:
I took a trip to Sydney in September and decided it was imperative to return the favor. Days before I left Warren closed the deal on a house in Houston and a housewarming present was in order. Before any PETA followers stop reading the blog, let me say that these pelts are sold at any novelty market in Aussieland and Roos are as prevalent and detrimental to crops as deer are in the states. This pelt is plush and majestic and I'm excited to see where Warren puts it, and then which closet his fiance eventually throws it in.
Doesn't it look like a furry stingray to you?
Anywho, onto beer. I have the final entry from the anticipated Boulevard Brewing from Kansas City. It's receiving a Texan homecoming at Warren's house.
Mr. Armadillo asks what the hell you're looking at, buster.
The Quadruple pours a huge head and is way over carbonated. There's a fine brown sugar quality but otherwise it's surprisingly un-complex. I expect more from a quad but you also can't tell that it's 10.5%. Not complex but drinkable, a nice dessert to a wonderful evening with brother. TRANSFORMERS rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment