Monday, September 5, 2011

Bear Republic Red Rocket Ale can't beat The Art Of Flight

Recovering after the long wedding weekend back home, I'm synergistic my beer with the what we're watching...You love that word, don't even try to hate right now. So David works at Red Bull and is heavily involved with their biggest movie to date, the snowboarding film THE ART OF FLIGHT. The talk is that it will be known as the greatest snowboarding film possibly ever. He's flying to NYC tomorrow for the premiere. I don't snowboard and in fact strongly dislike snowboarders because I ski, but this film looks amazing. Here's the trailer here. The quality of the shots is mind blowing:
I'm also hoping to catch some air with Bear Republic's 6.8% Red Rocket Ale. I love Bear's Racer 5 IPA and I can't believe it's taken me this long to try out its ginger brother.
Who flies a helicopter like that? Crazy people I tell you
Bear is calling this a "Bastardized scottish red ale" and true to form it is more of an amber than a red. The beer is heavy and a little too sweet. There's a very rich caramel and toffee flavor that hits your hard and mixes it up with the hops. The brew contains a similar hop profile as Racer 5 but not as intense. I'm enjoying but it's really all up in my grill, like powder blowing up in the face of these insane snowboarders. This is is not for everyone (David didn't like), but for me I enjoyed. However, for a day drinking hoppy red ale, I'd consider a Drake's Denogganizer first. TRANSFORMERS rating

No comments:

Post a Comment