Thursday, February 17, 2011

Alesmith My Bloody Valentine doesn't taste like sweets or blood, lonely fat people and vampries disappointed

Out for a late evening award winning Father's Office Cheeseburger with Jamie when I noticed this recently released Alesmith seasonal on tap, My Bloody Valentine. There are so many good beers on tap here, but how could I turn down a name like that?

It smells strangely like perfume and is an odd mix of dark caramel malt, floral notes and citrus hops. I'm put off by the odd mix initially but am warming up after draining it halfway.
When I begin the night with a Pliny the Elder (one of the highest ranked IPA's in the world), it's a tough act to follow. Especially when I could also marry the Father's Office burger and fries. Brown and Amber ales aren't my thing, but this one was an interesting drink. ARMAGEDDON rating

No comments:

Post a Comment