Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cuvee Van de Keizer Blauw and Wurstkuche blow my mind

I've been dying to try this restaurant downtown, Wurstkuche, for months now but when I live in the Marina, finding an excuse to be on the far side of downtown LA are few and far between. Then today, few and far between happened when coworker Tiffany invited me to join her for dinner tonight. Yahoo!...is also decent search engine.

This place has exotic beer and sausage. Check out this practically obscenely delicious menu: Wurstkuche Menu. I had the Rattlesnake and Rabbit Sausage with Jalapeno Peppers. To die for. Where do they find this stuff? Last time I encountered rabbit and snake hunting it was playing Oregon Trail on a computer run by floppy disk.
The same Belgian Brewery who makes the Keizer also makes Lucifer Strong Belgian Ale and the Gouden Carolus series. This beer is ridiculously smooth 11% with hints of chocolate and an uber malty caramel flavor. A little Belgian bread and fruit thrown in for good measure. Sure you can taste the alcohol - but who cares? This is one of the BAD BOYS. Drinking this politely over a wild game sausage is one thing; getting drunk on this is another and would be sublime.


Between this beer, my follow up beer the St. Bernardus 12 (a cuadruple, 10.5%) and the exotic snausage my mouth is salivating. Tiffany's hair practically stood on end like she stuck her finger in an electrical socket when she tried the St. Bernardus 12. She will never be the same. I had to drag her away before she attempted rolling away a keg of the stuff.

I don't care if this place is on the far side of the moon, these sausages and beer taps are seeing my face again. Soon. Plus, I ran into a long lost friend Jen B tonight, which was a delightful surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment