Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Coronado Orange Avenue Wit essentially Blue Moon's my tongue

I've been impatiently waiting for the workday to end and for David to return home to help my transfer my Belgian Red Ale to the carboy: Belgian Red Ale brew day. I'm dying to know how my first original recipe is shaping up and if the malt I burned (through user error during the brew process) can be tasted, or if it's negligible. Crossing my fingers for the later...


Touchdown! Gooooaaaalllll! Schwing, Schiwng, Schwung! During the transfer I fill a snifter up and the prognosis is excellent. It's still really sweet and needs time but the caramel flavor is spot-on as is the belgian sweetness. David and Karl are nodding approvingly as they taste. It's already pretty dank beer and Karl and David point out the sweetness could turn into alcohol, which would be a really good thing for this brew. I'm titillated to say the least and I'm eagerly anticipating bottling day. There is a hint of the bitterness at the end of the sip but it's very small and may disappear all together. We all agree this beer can only get better, and it's good right now. Here's to swimming with bow-legged women.



Karl picked out this Coronado beer, which none of us really know anything about the brewery other than it's in Saint Diego. This orange label is telling me it's a wheat beer brewed with honey and spices. Hmmm

The sexy coaster is a gift David returned with from Germany
This beer is really light and the orange is really mellow. It smells weird, a little musty, like the Old Sock Air Freshner I hang from my rearview mirror. Just kidding, that's no air freshner.

This wouldn't be a bad summertime beer, but some would argue this case for Blue Moon and only girls like the moon that's blue. I'm over it, as is Karl. THE ISLAND rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment