Monday, February 21, 2011

Landbrauerei Schonram Festbier doesn't make my day easier

I picked this up at Beverage Warehouse because it was cheap and seemed obscure, which are both probably bad signs, but something else is on my mind...

Every so often people ask me if I ever get tired of drinking a beer every day. During the first six months, I scoffed at them, but as of recent, there are some days when I really just don't want to have a beer. Don't get me wrong, drinking beer every day is like telling me that if I don't play the Call of Duty video game for the next several hours, then a child will die from cancer, or, that unless I copulate with a intoxicatingly beautiful lady then communism will prevail (God Bless America I say, as the madam wipes a tear from my eye)...

Still, some days I simply want to go to sleep, or like today, I return from the gym having purged myself from the Chipotle and Texas Pecan Pie I gorged on for lunch. My body is begging me not to inhale any other crap except water, but I still have a beer yet to drink...not that beer is crap. It's times like this that I have to remember the end goal and think of the beer as medicine and just throw it down the hatch. Good thing this beer was made for fast consumption.


This beer is a Marzen/Festival Bier. As expected, it was cheap and super malty and has an unexpected bite to it which isn't pleasant. THE ISLAND rating.

Also, Jenga survived the bbq last night. How long will it last?

Anywho, I'm trying to catch up on some old movies and I'm about to watch Barbara Stanwyck in The Lady Eve. Supposed to be great. 

On another note, before I started The Lady Eve, I caught the end of Michael Bay's PEARL HARBOR and even though I rank it last out of his catalog, I feel like the disastrous film wasn't entirely Michael's fault. He may have not been the right choice for an epic historical war film in the first place, but that script was TERRIBLE, just atrocious. Having Alec Baldwin cast as Jimmy Doolittle was an inspired choice and even he had trouble rising above some of the lines. Alec was still awesome though, duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment