Sunday, February 27, 2011

Bootlegger Brewery's Knuckle Sandwich should win an Oscar

I've been waiting for this day to arrive for quite some time...No, not the Oscars you half-witted scruffy-looking nerf herder. To use my over-sized novelty champagne flute, duh.
 
That flute is 2.5 feet tall, it's freaking ridiculous, I love it. I'm hosting an Oscar party tonight and everyone is dressing up as if they are attending the event itself. I picked up the Knuckle Sandwich at Bootlegger's yesterday and I'm beside myself with excitement.
 
The brew is Bootleggers' most celebrated beer, but they only make it in limited quantities. Um, why would you do that to us? What are we, ants? It needs to be three times that! Well Derek Zoolander, what's interesting about this fellow is it's made from their leftover hops. So whatever hops are leftover after they brew all their other beers they save up until they have enough for the Knuckle Sandwich. Being a Double IPA means it requires LOTS of hops. Translation for all this - they make this in small batches and not very often. But guess what? They just released a batch this week. Being at the brewery yesterday for Nick and AJ's birthday was fortuitous.
David welcomes our guests at the door
It's a phenomenal beer. For being 10.5% alcohol and a Double IPA, this beer is as smooth and balanced as a Formula 1 Racer. It has a sweet malt mouthful followed by rounded citrus and piney hops. It's a Mike Tyson Knockout. BAD BOYS rating.
Seriously Bale, stop stealing my look or I will find you and lock you out of the Oscars...again
Add caption
So I drank out of my Scepter/Shrek's Champagne Flute all night. It was kinda awesome. Although I didn't win the Oscar pool (damn you Rucker!) the party was a fantastic success and I (at least) had an amazing time. In order to capture the party and its beautiful guests, everyone posed for a picture using it as a prop. The results are glorious. Check out the fanfare below:
The Hosts. We also doubled as Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin's stand-ins last year
Don't throw Nic a fastball
Jessica is the Belle of the Ball. Oscar Queen anyone?
Settle down Brad, your jeans are getting acid washed
The glass gets in the way every time Melissa. Mother Rucker!
Kym teaches a course on drinking daintily out of absurd glasses. Her secret? Channeling Dame Helen Mirren
Watch out for AJ, this kitty's got claws
That glass isn't your teddy bear Tierney.
Heyyy! Is Tiffany holding the glass or is the glass holding her?
Ellen knows where the good shit is
Tamara drinks like a boss
What is she doing? Hey Rachel Lohan, don't steal my crystal glassware.
Glen was an extra in MILK three years ago and he's hasn't broken character since. Suck it Colin Firth.
Jerren's a glass half-full kind of guy, but this is pushing it

3 comments:

  1. Where's AJ's pic? Dude, favoritism!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I leave out AJ's pic? I'll put it on

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a new user of this site so here i saw multiple articles and posts posted by this site,I curious more interest in some of them hope you will give more information on this topics in your next articles. Milk Tyson charity

    ReplyDelete