Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Samuel Smiths Winter Welcome Ale puts me at ease



 I needed a break and Trader Joes delivered with a 3 cheese (blue, grana padano and parm) pizza as well as a sterling brewery in Samuel Smith's.  Sersiously, look at that pizza and realize it's only 3.69. The beer was 2.69. I can get fat and happy for $7. God Bless America.









This label is wicked sweet and reminds me of an old vaudeville or traveling circus poster, which is funny because I have no idea what either of those actually look like, so I guess the label just seems like it would. Here's my research, and I think I'm right - what do you think?


Anywho, I'm unwinding to the tune of ARCHER season 1 while perusing home brewing info because I want to formulate my own recipes and the Winter Welcome really scratches my itch. It has a fruity aroma and sweet malty notes with caramel base. There isn't a big mix of winter spices and at 6% alcohol, it goes down nice. This is a really excellent winter warmer. THE ROCK rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment