Thursday, February 10, 2011

Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron is strong enough to use as anesthesia

All I can say is, this ain't the first or last time the Philly Cheese truck will save my life after a night at Daily Pint. I'm meeting Nick G and Karl here for some 12% beer from Dogfish Head.
The Palo Santo Marron is a strong dark ale *(strong is putting a little mildly, don't ya think Sam Calagione?) that's aged in Paraguayan Palo Santo wood and the outcome smells like chocolate, and tastes bitter and roasted. For a 12% beer, I can taste the alcohol but it's going down smoothly and I'm the bitterness is growing on me. I'm used to hop bitterness and not a dry, nutty bitterness. That would make this one funky but delicious beer.

Karl equates this to a better version of the Port Brewing Old Viscosity, which I've never had.
All in all, no many can make 12% taste soo good. Welcome to THE ROCK.

We'll be here next Thursday for a free scotch tasting and more beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment