Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Anderson Valley Summer Solstice lights up my perception of Amber Ales

I can't describe the beer's taste taste better than what's described on the label. "Smooth malt and lightly sweet with a hint of spice and velvety flavor." I not only appreciate it when beers are 'as advertised,' but I love summer brews (especially Alaskan Summer) and this is no exception better than on the back. Smootj malty and lightly swee with a hint of spice and velvety flavor. This is perfect for an afternoon in the hammock.
This is technically an amber ale and using my newly posted Beer & Food Pairing table, I'm in luck. Leftover pizza goes swimmingly with this brew. The sweetness and the touch of spice pair excellently with a savory meat pizzer. I'm not a typically a fan of Ambers, but I will drink more knowing how well they accompany dough and marinara. TRANSFORMERS rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment