Sunday, August 7, 2011

Bruery Acer Quercus syrups my day

I was planning to make my 7th home brew today, but after a 2 hour cleanup, the brew store was already closed. To console myself, I'm attacking my body with a 4 meat pizza and the highly touted 9.5% collaboration beer between The Bruery and Laweon's Finest Liquids, a nano brewery in Vermont. 

It’s technically a rye beer, but there’s so much more infused into this - an oak aged ale brewed with maple syrup and date sugar (and smoked malt). I'm hoping the rich combination will overload my senses and lull me into a blissful food coma.
 
The aroma is incredibly malty and the syrup balances out the bitter roasted malt with a fascinating sweetness. The smoked malt is subtle and kicks in at the end. Acer is smooth and complex, a true sweet stout. I think this is inspired and a ingeniously Promethean beer. BAD BOYS rating. Drinking this saved my day, until I realize that this is a limited production and there isn't any more to go around....NOOOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment