Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Top 50 Recommended Beers and Beer & Food Pairing

I have a week's worth of posting to ketchup on, but in the meantime I wanted to let you know about two new features you can find on the website to the right of the page.

The newest addition is my top 50 beers of the year page. Looking lovingly at the 7 page excel sheet I printed out and gloriously realizing what a terrific lush I have been this year, I selected 50 beers that will any craft beer drinker will enjoy. Don't be loco en la cabeza, check this page out next time you're in the liquor store and see if there's a bottle available. If it doesn't blow your mind, and some of them will, at least your eyes will be open to the awesomeness that is out there. That's what these beers did for me. Check it out!

http://www.beereveryday.com/p/walkers-top-50-for-year.html


I own a fantastic book called, "What To Drink With What You Eat" that I furiously typed up notes from about two weeks ago. I've run into many people this year who, after learning I have a beer blog, have poured out their new found passion for beer (mostly people a generation older than me). One common thread is the expanding selection beers found on restaurant menus. Not your Coors Light, Heineken, or Stella, but Belgian beers and bottles from local breweries. As more restaurateurs discover the quality of beer available, I have the feeling that pairing beer with food in the next decade will take off. Beers offer a range of complexity and I'm foreseeing a host of former wine drinkers who would rather drink a 12 oz of beer rather than a 5 oz glass of wine at dinner (and at a fraction of the price). Check out the Beer & Food Pairing page and impress your next friend or client at dinner. Chances are at least someone will be surprised at how well their oysters pair with a Guinness. I sure as hell was.

http://www.beereveryday.com/p/beer-food-pairing.html

Tonight I plan on editing the 60 minutes of video from our party, which from the few minutes of footage I've seen, is really funny. To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment