Thursday, July 21, 2011

15 BEERS LEFT IN THE YEAR!

July 21st, 2011 at 9pm PST, David and Walker reached another milestone - 350 different beers in 350 days.

For the first time this year, this month we had to actually map out which beers we were having each day. We recently finished a series of Rogue beers and a triplet of Great Divide. While I'm traveling the following two weekends, I hope to drink several more unique Bruery beers with David before launching into, what I hope to be, an epic conclusion.

9 of the 11 Trappist beers we will conclude the year with

While we have already drunk several trappist beers, noticably the three Rocheforts and an Achel, we've aquired almost all the remaining Belgian Trappist beers from Chimay, Orval, Le Trappe, Westmalle and thanks to Karl, the two highest rated beers in the world from Westvleteren (the other Achel is difficult to track down).
Our final two beers, the Westvleteren 8 and 12
On August 5th, 2011, we're celebrating the end of an amazing year with an epic party, possibly a goat sacrifice and then probably waking up in the desert wearing cowboy boots and no pants.

David and I are leaning towards a big blow out party at our apartment, drinking weird beers, having blind taste competitions and most likely beer pong - because with our friends, you can't stop them, you can only hope to contain them. We will begin the night drinking the world's highest rated beer, Westvleteran 12 and let the crazy come out afterward. I'll be videoing the entire evening, so everyone will see our shenanigans.

My friends didn't think we could drink everyday, let alone write everyday. I had my doubts too. But we're almost there, and I hope you especially tune in for the final two weeks. It's been a one of the best years of my life. Thank you for reading and I'm looking forward to ending in righteous style.

Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment