Thursday, July 7, 2011

Mikkeller Green Gold is made for the Spring

After work I stopped by the Surly Goat, where I was able to revisit Deschutes Lost Mirror Mirror Barleywine (post). I was lead to believe that I would never have it again, but apparently they had 'found' another keg of the stuff because it was on tap.

I walk in the door and Storm Tater is ready to mash me, but I deftly deflect his blows. He's getting better, and one day I may land a fatal stroke...if his arms don't fall off first. 

Mikkeller Green Gold IPA awaits!
StormTater's long awaited return to the blog
I love the name of this - hops are green gold. This brew is made with Simcoe, Cascade and Amarillo hops, all hops I've used in beers and I'm enjoy immensely.

If yesterday's Mikkeller 10 is a Summer IPA, this is an American Spring IPA. It has a strong citrus hop with a classic American body. I've noticed this week Mikkeller's beers have outstanding carbonation, which adds to the beer's crispness.

Every IPA from Mikkeller I would drink again. Few breweries create brews of such high standards - Stone, Dogfish Head - and I feel Mikkeller is in the same club. I'm beginning to understand why he's so revered. TRANSFORMERS rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment