Saturday, May 28, 2011

Hofbrau Maibock is sweet like Barcelona's victory over Manchester United...oh and like and Katie's Wedding!

I know very little about European 'football, other than Karl's an ardent supporter of Chelsea, so when I join family friends Carlos and Sam to watch the Champions League final between Barcelona and Manchester United and Carlos is wearing a Barcelona jersey, I'm on his side. Even if Bar Munich in Houston is filled with Man U fans. Ugly fellers.
I shouldn't have a stein on an empty stomach 3 hours before I have to usher a wedding, but Sam has known me since I was 4 and he obviously knows how much I should drink more than I (at least that's the story I'm sticking to).

Created in 1614, Maibock is Munich's oldest bock beer. It pours an amber color and is really good! Sweet and malty. Shiner Bock is the bock I'm most familiar with, and while it's on my family's mantle next to the dog, this Maibock I might actually prefer. A sweeter bock, is a drinking bock, but the Shiner I would prefer with food. This is a great Saturday afternoon soccer game beer, probst! TRANSFORMERS rating.

Afterward, Sam and I head to usher the wedding of our family friend Katie, to Taft. A great time with friends and family! So happy and excited to officially welcome Taft to our circle!!
Mr. and Mrs. Beereveryday.com

Walker with the bride and groom
 Katie is so sweet, she actually apologized for not having any 'good' beer at the wedding! The bride herself. Apparently I've made an impression on people. That's ridiculous! They have Shiner Blonde! I drank enough Shiner Blonde tonight to put one of the brewer's kids through college. Here is my ode to Shiner Blonde, one of my favorite posts: Shiner Blonde
Sam I am and I
Sam, Rob H, Katie H, Ben H, Walker, Emily H.

No comments:

Post a Comment