Friday, May 27, 2011

Karl Strauss Tower 10 IPA fittingly starts Memorial Day weekend

With a half day at work and a plane flight looming, I poured myself some bourbon and set to packing for a trip to Houston for a wedding. Packing took me all of 10 minutes so I poured myself a bomber from Karl Strauss and soaked up sun in the hammock. If I was here this weekend, I'd spend time down by da beach, by Tower 26. But I'm sure as hell ain't gonna spend time in the sun in Houston, it's 96 degrees!
Hell of a day to leave California
I've had three  beers from Karl Strauss and enjoyed none of them terribly much. However, the Tower 10 turns out to be one good lookin' slumpbuster. It's not a great IPA but it's definitely the common man's drinking IPA. Turned out, I picked a fantastic beer to enjoy during a warm day at the start of summer. It's 6.5% alcohol and has a great bite to it. For once, Karl Strauss, you're getting above 4 stars. TRANSFORMERS rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment